Youngest wanted hot dogs but we had no buns. Now I could have run the co-op and got some but a combination of not wanting to go to a shop and I got a new bread maker a few weeks ago meant… Yep you guessed it I was going to try my best to put something in front of the kids they didn’t say yuk to and refuse to eat!…. Homemade hot dog buns.
- 160ml milk
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 470g strong white bread flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 Tsp dried yeast
- I zapped the milk for 40 seconds in the microwave as it had come straight out the fridge.
- I also beat the egg a little.
- Add the ingredients into your bread machine in the order the manufacturer specifies. I think most are liquids first but check cause a couple aren't.
- Put on the dough setting.
- On a floured surface split the dough into 3 equal pieces and then split each of those in half.
- Roll each one into a ball and then roll out to into an oval.
- I then kinda took each long side and folded into the middle
- Put them folded side down on a tray with greaseproof paper.
- Give them a little brush of milk
- Put a clean towel over and leave for 30 mins -maybe could do with a bit longer but kids were hungry
- Put in the middle shelf of oven at 180c for 15-20mins.
© 2021 Copyright Frugal Dad